Healing the Unknown – Your Body Needs Your Help
If you’re like most people, you have friends and relatives with health problems that don’t get healed. They go from doctor to doctor to doctor. They try a little bit of this and a little bit of that. But they’re still suffering.
If that’s where you, your friends or your relatives are, you’ll be pleased to know there are answers, so having hope is justified.
This is where the tricky part comes in. There’s some old stuff we have to unlearn and replace with new stuff-which we have to learn.
Old stuff go away
What’s the old stuff that needs to go away?
1. The idea that only one body part is involved in a health problem. One body part, let’s say the heart, can be the center of attention, but many, many things contribute to the problem. For one instance, all illnesses include the endocrine system glands in their cast of contributors.
2. The thought that medicine has all the answers we need. Medicine is in a mess right now, with doctors completely boxed-in on what they can say and what they can do. We have to be part of the solution.
3. The belief that all health issues have a specific cause. Actually problems start in an amazing variety of ways. For instance, low thyroid can come from fluoridated water, a lack of minerals in the diet, a low-fat diet, a concussion-damaged pituitary gland, getting dragged down by other malfunctioning body parts, and so on.
4. The theory that our bodies go along with whatever medicine wants to do. Not only is this not true, but it contradicts reality. When you think about your body, words like “feisty,” “opinionated,” and “determined” should leap to mind. Trying to push the body around has started many a fight. Did you know that a bad reaction to a drug or treatment is your body shouting, “Are you trying to kill me here!”
Body greatest defender
Your body is your greatest defender, always focused on a single goal: Keeping you alive. If your body can figure out a way to benefit from whatever medicine’s coming down the chute, it works like crazy to get the best results it can. If, however, the medicine will cause you harm, war breaks out as your body struggles to protect you.
You might wonder, if my body loves me, why does it start World War III inside me? Healthy bodies can afford to be subtle, but when your body’s looking death in the eye, subtlety gets lost in the battle for survival.
Anytime you react badly to a medicine or treatment, you need to help your body by backing off. What if you feel you can’t get off the treatment? Add a customized vitamin/mineral program to give your body what it needs to fight with vigor.
Contrary to what you may have heard, vitamins and minerals don’t interfere with, say, chemotherapy. In fact, they boost the results you get, although not all doctors know that.
Personally, I recommend you learn how to create a customized program as soon as possible so you can prevent disease and all its drama.
About now, you’re probably wondering how in the world you’re supposed to do this.
Here’s how: Listen to your body.
Your body tells you what it needs via symptoms; some big, some small. Some really noticeable, some subtle. Using my Moving to Health information, for example, you learn to recognize your symptoms, which you may have thought were unimportant. And you match your various symptoms with the nutritional support that can tame them. Voila! Customized program here you come!
Taking the symptom approach means you don’t have to know everything that’s involved in your health problems. You’ll fix all sorts of things-whether you know about them or not-by following your body’s guidance and giving your body what it needs
Building your program doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a step-by-step, learn-as-you-go process, but anybody willing to make the effort can do it.
The idea of people having a big say in their own health care is new to most of us. I lay it all out in both my Pep for the Pooped vitamin/mineral book and my Moving to Health program. Both have the information you need for a safe and sure way to improve your health.
Pep for the Pooped helps everybody, but it’s targeted at improving health that’s already pretty good. Moving to Health goes wider and deeper, addressing all sorts of health topics-endocrine hassles, digestion, blood sugar, diet, weight, aging, environmental toxins, and on, and on, and on.
Your body needs your help.
God is good,
Copyright by Bette Dowdell. All rights reserved
P.S. Bette Dowdell is not a doctor, nor does she purport to be She’s a patient who’s been studying and successfully handling her own endocrine problems for more than 30 years. She offers introductory teleseminars and an in-depth 12-month subscription program, “Moving to Health” about living well with endocrine issues. She explains how things work-or don’t, discusses what things to avoid as well as the things that help, and she provides a lot of well-researched nutritional information. Subscribe to her free e-zine at Information is power.
Latest posts by Bette Dowdell (see all)
- Health Insurance – He Who Pays the Piper Calls the Tune - November 18, 2018
- Do Our Genes Really Tell the Story? - November 17, 2018
- Taking Care of Our Bones - November 16, 2018