Eat Fat! Live Long and Prosper!
Man, oh, man, have we been brainwashed!
Doctors learn it in med school. Magazines write about it. In fact, everywhere we look, it’s accepted as fact, perhaps even wisdom.
Surely, you’ve heard it, too: A low-fat diet is the way to good health, happiness and probably world peace.
Which just happens to be the opposite of the truth. A low-fat diet volunteers you for chronic disease. And it starves the joy from your brain, so happiness is a long shot. And how can we have world peace when everybody’s cranky and craving something they can’t figure out.
Didja Know about low fat diet
You might want to ponder this quick list of twenty-one Didja Knows about a low-fat diet.
1. Didja know a low-fat diet increases your risk of cancer?
2. Didja know the diet speeds up aging?
3. Didja know this diet loses muscle, not fat?
4. Didja remember the heart’s a muscle?
5. Didja know a low-fat diet means you won’t absorb nutrition? Can’t, in fact.
6 Didja know the diet leads to depression? And makes depression worse?
7. Didja know this diet damages your metabolism? It’s fixable, but not without effort.
8. Didja know the diet throws the endocrine system into an unbalanced tizzy?
9. Didja know a low-fat diet can cause hyperthyroidism? Hypothyroidism, too. Either way, you lose.
10. Didja know this diet, such as that promoted by the American Diabetic Association, increases insulin resistance, the cause of Type 2 diabetes?
11. Didja know the diet can cause infertility?
12. Didja know your body makes your hormones from the saturated fat you eat? Low fat means low hormones.
13. Didja know the diet leads to gallstones?
14. Didja know this diet worsens Crohn’s Disease?
15. Didja know a low-fat diet raises cholesterol levels?
16. Didja know the diet starves your brain?
17. Didja know the diet leads to chronic disease?
18. Didja know this diet can explain acne?
19. Didja know the diet causes cravings?
20. Didja know a wrong-fat diet (Omega 6 vegetable oils) is at least as bad as a low-fat diet?
21. Didja know saturated fat from grain-fed cows is Omega 6, a bad thing, while saturated fat from grass-fed cows is Omega 3, a blessing. And science backs up every word of this statement-except perhaps the “Didja know,” on which it remains silent.
God is good,
Copyright by Bette Dowdell. All rights reserved
P.S. Bette Dowdell is not a doctor, nor does she purport to be She’s a patient who’s been studying and successfully handling her own endocrine problems for more than 30 years. She offers introductory teleseminars and an in-depth 12-month subscription program, “Moving to Health” about living well with endocrine issues. She explains how things work-or don’t, discusses what things to avoid as well as the things that help, and she provides a lot of well-researched nutritional information. Subscribe to her free e-zine at Information is power.
Latest posts by Bette Dowdell (see all)
- Stomach Acid – Health Problem Nobody Thinks They Have - August 16, 2018
- Heart Hiccups And Other Disasters - August 15, 2018
- Endocrine System – Body Connections - August 14, 2018