The Fluoride Disaster – The Stuff’s Poison
Most of the world caught a clue and is getting rid of fluoridated water-or not starting up with fluoride at all. Now the rest of the world, including the U.S., Australia, New Zealand and Ireland, needs to catch up. That stuff’s poison. As in POISON!
Let me hit some fluoride highlights. Well, actually lowlights would say it better, but whatever description you use, here’s some information you need to know.
First, let’s get rid of two myths that persuaded our public servants that we really, really needed to put unsanitized industrial waste into our water supply. (The fact these myths brought along gazillions of dollars to spread around didn’t hurt either.)
- Fluoride does NOT strengthen-or in any way protect-teeth. In fact, this stuff has caused nearly half of our babies and preteen children have weak, mottled, streaked teeth. Dentists practicing in fluoridated water area’s make a lot more money than those laboring in unfluoridated areas. A lot more.
- And fluoride doesn’t strengthen our bones, either. Again, the truth is just the opposite. Fluoride “eats” our bones. If you live in a fluoridated water area and get a diagnosis of arthritis (either kind), think fluoride.
- To sum up, then, fluoride does nothing good-ever. If your dentist thinks fluoride’s swell, change dentists. Little kids end up with lower IQs because of fluoride, and you want to take your kids to a dentist who thinks fluoride’s the way to go?
In case this comes as a surprise, please understand that good studies back up what I’m saying. Lots of studies, in fact, with new ones popping up regularly and frequently.
It does no good
Now that we’ve established that fluoride doesn’t do any good, let’s talk about some of the harm it does.
Fluoride stomps and tromps all over the endocrine system.
- The hypothalamus, king of our endocrine system AND nervous system, takes a big time whack so it can’t do what we need it to do.
- The pituitary, poor baby, can’t put together enough Thyroid Stimulating Hormone to keep our thyroid chugging along.
- Adding to the merriment, it makes the thyroid reject what TSH it does get.
- Icing that particular cake is the thyroid’s inability to use much of the TSH it does get because this stuff depresses thyroid function. It’s a triple whammy for the thyroid.
- And the fun doesn’t stop there. It rushes into the pineal gland-and turns it into concrete. A pity, that. The pineal’s supposed to crank out melatonin-the better to help us sleep, boost our immune system and help our adrenals-but concrete doesn’t put out much of anything, let alone anything as intricate as melatonin.
- Whacking the pineal means the thymus-home to our immune system-ends up in a world of hurt. Did you know fluoride can cause most autoimmune diseases?
Let’s see now.
They’ve been fluoridating water for a little more than fifty years. Not very long before the incidence of autoimmune diseases took off like a rocket. Some might call that a coincidence, but it sure looks suspicious to me. To researchers, too.
- Fluoride increases infertility rates. And it increases the odds of having a Down’s Syndrome baby. Worsens the symptoms of autism, too.
- And fluoride causes diabetes, so nobody can say it leaves the pancreas out of its dance with death.
- Speaking of which, the stuff is mutagenic. That is, it encourages normal cells to mutate into cancer cells. And your digestive system-which is already tricky enough for endocrine people-is a big-time target. Esophageal cancer rates are 72% higher in areas with fluoridated water. Stomach cancer goes up by 45%. Cancer of the large intestine increases by 40%. Rectal cancer soars by 80%.
- Sodium fluoride is industrial waste that’s created, mostly, by aluminum and fertilizer processing. It doesn’t get purified in any way, so it brings along aluminum-which heads straight for the brain. Can you say Alzheimer’s?
And so it goes.
Fluoride attacks every part of the body.
Even if the amount of this stuff in our water could be controlled-which they can’t figure out how to do-the recommended 1 ppm (one part per million) is still too high for good health. And most fluoridated water systems contain much more than 1 ppm.
We’re supposed to never exceed 4mg a day. Good luck with that.
With fluoride in the water, toothpaste, mouth wash and many medicines, we’re awash in it. Add in the fact it’s added to Coca Cola and Nestle’s bottled water, in juices reconstituted with fluoridated water (which fact doesn’t make it to the label) and in residue from pesticides containing fluoride.
And it’s not just about ingesting fluoride. Bathing or showering in fluoridated water ushers it right into our bodies, too.
I talk about fighting fluoride in the Moving to Health program, but ending the practice of fluoridating water would improve everybody’s health. We need to see if we can make that happen.
Just say “no” to fluoride-anywhere, anytime, anyhow.
God is good,
Copyright by Bette Dowdell. All rights reserved
P.S. Bette Dowdell is not a doctor, nor does she purport to be She’s a patient who’s been studying and successfully handling her own endocrine problems for more than 30 years. She offers introductory teleseminars and an in-depth 12-month subscription program, “Moving to Health” about living well with endocrine issues. She explains how things work-or don’t, discusses what things to avoid as well as the things that help, and she provides a lot of well-researched nutritional information. Subscribe to her free e-zine at Information is power.