Polysorbate 80: When Your Digestion Dances the Fandango
Well, I hate to be the one to tell you, but a lot of foods can start an uproar in your digestive system. Maybe not on their first trip down your gullet, but there will come a day.
If you’re kind of lucky, the fandango will be slow and not too troublesome; while you won’t be interested in food until it passes, it’s tolerable. Not even close to fun, though.
On the other hand, perhaps it feels as if your stomach’s fighting the war of the worlds right there in your body. Pain? Oh, indeed! Wondering which end to point at the white porcelain throne? Yeah, that, too. Plus the part about never being more than a quick dash away from a bathroom.
These are definitely not the good old days. How in the world did this happen to your wonderful self?
The simple answer is your body got hold of something it can’t handle. And you, not knowing disaster could lie just ahead, probably allowed it to happen.
Any number of possible “somethings” can do you in. Today, let’s talk about one possibility that’s in most of the food you buy at grocery stores or eat at restaurants and fast food emporiums: Polysorbate 80.
Polysorbate 80, one of many synthetic emulsifiers, makes food feel smooth and creamy on the tongue, but its big claim to fame is shelf-life, pushing the “sell by” date well into the future. It’s about money, not about your health.
Reasons to stay away from Polysorbate 80
• It throws your endocrine system, which rules your health, out of balance, and makes it less and less functional.
• Your immune system, part of the endocrine system, gets whacked. You become more susceptible to colds and flu. And more likely to be open to autoimmune diseases.
• Fertility levels drop. And drop. After time, you may be sterile. Women may end up with a damaged uterus.
• And the lining of the small intestine gets shredded. Since the endocrine system does most of its work in the small intestine, this is not good. Plus, you may end up with colitis, leaky gut, or inflammatory bowel disease.
• A damaged small intestine can’t absorb the nutrition you need. Then you have to really pile on the supplements, once you know which ones your body needs, to have a chance at giving your body all the nutrition it requires. You may need supplements only until the storm passes or perhaps forever, but always give your body whatever it needs if you want to go through life with vitality and in good health.
• Polysorbate 80, and other emulsifiers, cause inflammation, and inflammation leads to disease. Heart disease, for one instance.
• Emulsifiers also lead to obesity. Did you ask for thunder thighs? No. But here they come.
• Adding to the not-so-merriment, metabolic syndrome, the beginning of Type 2 diabetes, arrives.
• And on, and on, and on. Polysorbate 80, or any other synthetic emulsifier, should never get an engraved invitation to join your body.
And here’s more bad news
The lack of research on polysorbate 80 doesn’t limit where and how it’s used.
One report concluded: “May cause adverse reproductive effects based on animal test data. No human data found. May cause cancer based on animal test data. No human data found. May affect genetic material (mutagenic). Ingestion of very large doses may cause abdominal spasms and diarrhea. Animal studies have shown it to cause cardiac changes, changes in behavior (altered sleep time) and weight loss (upon repeated or prolonged ingestion). However, no similar human data has been reported.”
So, it may give you cancer. Or it may mutate your basic genetic information. And they go, “ho hum?” A shrug and a ho hum does it?
You want more “ho hum?” That vaccine coming your way may include polysorbate 80. What vaccines include polysorbate 80? Vaccines such as Pediatrix (and other vaccines for infants), diptheria/tetanus/whooping cough, Gardasil, flu vaccines, pneumonia vaccine, etc.
Worse, despite the push to vaccinate the world, studies prove, over and over again, that good nutrition gets better results, without side effects, than vaccines. Poisons aren’t good for you.
Some doctors are starting to question if vaccines containing polysorbate 80 damage the brain, but as long as the FDA doesn’t care about polysorbate 80, caring doctors won’t get much traction.
So read labels. Learn what good nutrition is. Find out what your body needs to sparkle and shine.
When you give your body the love it deserves, it repays you enthusiastically.
God is good,
Copyright by Bette Dowdell. All rights reserved
P.S. Bette Dowdell is not a doctor, nor does she purport to be She’s a patient who’s been studying and successfully handling her own endocrine problems for more than 30 years. She offers introductory teleseminars and an in-depth 12-month subscription program, “Moving to Health” about living well with endocrine issues. She explains how things work-or don’t, discusses what things to avoid as well as the things that help, and she provides a lot of well-researched nutritional information. Subscribe to her free e-zine at Information is power.