Quick Facts About Vitamins and Minerals
I really, really like to explain things. I mean, I try not to make anybody’s eyes glaze over, but I really like to explain.
But sometimes a short, single fact gives the answer you’ve been looking for. Kind of like fitting a piece into a jigsaw puzzle where you see most of the picture, but still have a missing piece or two.
So, in the hope one or more will a piece that fits you, today is about quick facts.
33 Vitamins and minerals facts
Good little facts to know:
1. A vitamin A deficiency can lead to kidney stones.
2. A vitamin A deficiency can lead to inflamed eyelids.
3. A vitamin A deficiency can cause vision problems and lead to blindness.
4. A vitamin B deficiency causes fatigue.
5. A vitamin B1 deficiency causes crampy calf muscles.
6. A high carb diet causes a vitamin B deficiency.
7. Antacids destroy vitamin B1.
8. Sciatica can come from a vitamin B1 deficiency.
9. Alkalinity destroys vitamin B1.
10. A vitamin B2 deficiency causes bloodshot eyes.
11. Insomnia can be caused by a vitamin B2 deficiency.
12. A vitamin B6 deficiency can cause anemia.
13. Asthma responds to vitamin B6.
14. Birth control pills destroy vitamin B6.
15. A vitamin B6 deficiency can cause depression.
16. A B12 deficiency can cause a smooth, sore tongue.
17. A B12 deficiency leads to nerve degeneration.
18. A B12 deficiency can cause mental deterioration.
19. A biotin deficiency makes a baby’s life hard.
20. A biotin deficiency causes muscle pain and loss of reflexes.
21. A folic acid deficiency can cause forgetfulness.
22. A baby lacking vitamin C cries a lot.
23. A vitamin C deficiency causes bleeding gums.
24. A baby lacking vitamin C is in serious trouble.
25. Vitamin B5 helps reduce teeth-grinding.
26. Cataracts are caused by lack of good nutrition.
27. A choline deficiency leads to a fatty liver (aka cirrhosis).
28. A choline deficiency raises blood pressure.
29. Vitamin D levels affect most body functions. Including death.
30. It’s wise to take vitamins A and D together.
31. Diabetics can’t convert beta carotene to real vitamin A, which they need.
32. A digestive system in trouble can cause headaches.
33. A magnesium deficiency can cause headaches.
Additional vitamins information
God is good,
Copyright by Bette Dowdell. All rights reserved
P.S. Bette Dowdell is not a doctor, nor does she purport to be She’s a patient who’s been studying and successfully handling her own endocrine problems for more than 30 years. She offers introductory teleseminars and an in-depth 12-month subscription program, “Moving to Health” about living well with endocrine issues. She explains how things work-or don’t, discusses what things to avoid as well as the things that help, and she provides a lot of well-researched nutritional information. Subscribe to her free e-zine at Information is power.
Latest posts by Bette Dowdell (see all)
- The Scourge of Dementia - October 16, 2018
- Migraine Headaches - October 15, 2018
- Bromine – A Health Enemy We Can’t See, Feel or Touch - October 14, 2018